The Flat Penny Bar & Grill opened in 2011.
The building our restaurant inhabits, however, has a far longer history. Built in 1868, it was one of three Berlin post offices for almost a century before becoming Harriman's Hot Dog & Ice Cream Stand during the 1940's. After Harriman's closed, it became the Train Stop Restaurant. And the train still goes by on a regular schedule!
Under the ownership of Greg Smith, the completely renovated Flat Penny Bar & Grill now offers a comfortable dining area, a friendly well-stocked bar, and a varied menu of lunch and dinner choices. Our newest item on the menu, Flat Penny Personal Pizzas, is a big hit!
We appreciate our loyal clientele and also welcome new diners to drop by to enjoy an excellent meal and friendly service.